Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

404 error on anything to do with cgi script

Hi Guys....

I refreshed my web site & now I am getting a 404 error on any page that uses cgi script ( unfortunately all my pages use cgi as links )

I have deleted all the cat & fill files from the server & site 1 folder then refreshed.

Still no joy

I have contacted my host and nothing has changed on their end!

I dont want to do an entire reload of the site as its over 400mb

Please can some of you kind people offer as many viable solutions as possible.

Many thanks

Jonas

ps. I seem to get one weak suggestion and then be forgotten about

with that sort of attitude you will soon be correct. There was absolutely no sense in anyone trying to guess what might or might not be causing your problem until you had eliminated the most common cause - which is hosts 'updating' the site settings without telling you.

It is normal in this forum to find your previous post and reply to it yourself when you want to continue a discussion, keeping the whole problem and its solution in one place to help the next person. It is also normal to search the forum for similar problems before starting a new thread.

May I now suggest you do a forum search, and if you find nothing that solves your problem, you return to this thread and post the url of your site so that people can have a look and try to help you further.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Sorry...didn't meen to upset anyone just pointing out that I needed more then one suggestion to my problem.

I did reply to the original thread and it was left unfinished.

I guess that I'm frustrated with how many times actinic has gone wrong for me and this is a criticle time where I'm advitising & promoting...I need my site up.

So please don't take offence...I'm sure you've been in the same situation before.

Comment

the website is www.framefx.com

Many Thanks
        Jonas

Comment

The full error text is
          A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Error: Error opening the index "../acatalog/oldprod.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
          This thread should help http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&highlight=fil
          Bill

Comment

Hi Bill, I have checked the file permissions on all of the .fil files they are all set to 777...but still no joy.

I seem to be missing the file oldtext.fil that is refered to in the error.

I have found a similar thread to this issue see below

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=oldtext.fil

I am now in the process of a complete site refresh ( will take 6 hours )

I'll post back when it is finished to let you know if it works

Thanks for your help

Jonas

Comment

If you have already started the refresh, then this is too late, but there are several posts here that suggest just deleting all .fil files at both the server end (via FTP) and in the Site1 directory on the local disc, can drive Actinic to replace the files with an update rather than a full refresh.
              Bill

Comment

some of my base files were corrupt ( that was my cgi errors ) I did a partial refresh and stopped after the base files were uploaded.....this brought me on the (missing oldtext.fil error that you have recently seen.

I had tried deleteing all of the .fil files and .cat files from the server and my site 1 folder & then updating ....it still did not work

So I thought I might as well bite the bullet and do a full refresh.

Fingers crossed

Jonas

Comment

Hi Jonas,

Whenever you delete the .fil and .cat, you have to do a full refresh. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do regarding this.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

thanks guys for all your help on this one.

It turns out that a full refresh worked...but I managed to purge all of my dd files in the confusion (very easy to do if the dd files are on a usb drive )

Is there any way to turn off the dd side of the ftp purge.

Can there be in future releases.

Thanks

Jonas

Comment

Is there any way to turn off the dd side of the ftp purge.

Can there be in future releases.
                      I have forwarded this onto the development team, and I understand that we will definitely be seeing this in a future release of the software.

Comment

Working...
                      X