Home page download size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home page download size

I would like to have a home page less than 50K. I use this link to check the size and download times:
    http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

The problem is that the analyzer says an "image" http://www.myhomepage.com/#FFFFFF is 23K in size. I don't understand what the #FFFFFF refers to exactly. All the other files have jpg extensions and I can control them.

My home page is here. There used to be 500 pages on the site and #FFFFFF was 3K now there are over 3000 pages on the site and #FFFFFF is 23K. I also added a background image. When #FFFFFF was 3k it didn't matter, but now it's 30% of the total download content of 70K.

My product pages are 38K and #FFFFFF reduces to 378 bytes.

Anybody know what does #FFFFFF mean in this context, is it Actinic Section related or is it something to do with a background or something else? How should I control it?

Thanks - Keno

#FFFFFF is the hex code for white.

For example you may have code bgcolor="#FFFFFF" this means background page colour is white

or font color= "#000000" this means text is black

Comment

Jo, I know #FFFFFF and #000000 in the context of colors and backgrounds. But what does it mean in the context of page download size?

Why does the download analyzer (link above) tell me I have a graphic by the name of "#FFFFFF" and that this graphic is 23K in size on my home page.

However the same graphic "FFFFFF" on my product page is 378 bytes. To my limited knowledge background colors don't have a file size unless you use a small gif, etc.

If you click on the page size analyzer which I found on this forum, and enter my home page url, you should see what I am talking about.

Thanks - Keno

Comment

Rather than using <font color""> tags you would be better using a CSS - not sure why the #FFFFFF is being picked up as an IMG though

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X