Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem after downloading 1st order ca000001.pl file add to cart no longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem after downloading 1st order ca000001.pl file add to cart no longer working

Hi,

Don't know if anyone has come across this before.
    A client of ours had their first order yesterday so I talked them through downloading it. They are disappointed to only have had 1 order so far so I looked at the site this morning to see what we could improve and the 'Add to Cart' doesn't work anymore. (E.g. see http://www.meadex.co.uk/acatalog/Type_B_Domed.html )
    When you click 'Add to Cart' it brings up an HTTP 500 Internal Server error and the page in the address bar is showing as
    http://www.meadex.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

So I've done a search for that file within the forum and found a question relating to it in version4 that suggests reloading the ca000001.pl and Shoppingcart.pl files - however the ca00001.pl file I have is dated 6th May 2005 and the one on the server is dated 15th June 2005 15:47 - which I guess must be when the order was placed. (Shoppingcart.pl is dated August 2004 so that obviously doesn't change as we've only done this site this year)

So my question is what to do? If I replace this file what happens?

So....do I need to get a snapshot back from the client and then just replace the ca00001.pl file with the one from 6th May which was working - or does this then lose some vital information??

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    (I have done the test network bits within Actinic and it seems to be happy)

Grateful for any ideas as I need to get this working asap.

Thanks
    Jo Taylor

Hi,

Have you sorted this out as I can add products to the basket and checkout with no problems?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

yes thanks - turned out some of the cgi files had disappered off the server - I got the client to refresh the website and that seemed to fix it - phew!!
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X