Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no more files.

Hello,

I have some problems uploading a new site.

I am uploading to a new Web Host who require you to upload to a Remote Directory where the permissions are set.

If the host name is www.mysite.com, when I do an FTP upload I need to upload to www.mysite.com/myfolder/

When I upload to the site using Dreamweaver I am given 4 options.

1. Hostname - www.mysite.com
    2. Specify which folder I want to store the files in - /myfolder/
    3. FTP login
    4. Password

which tests successful -

Unfortunitly when I go to configure the site through Actinics FTP Wizard I am only given 3 options

1. Hostname/Address
    2. Username
    3. Password.

And I cannot specify a folder. If I leave the folder blank and Test I recieve the error - 'The wizard is unable to establish a connection with mysite.com for unknown reasons. The specific error is: There are no more files.

Which makes sense because they are kept in the folder. /myfolder/

I then decided to set the account up manually through the Network Setup and press Test - here I recieve the error message - Actinic received a bad method error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

Followed by - The web server returned error code 405 - Server does not support the requested method. Your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts. Contact your ISP or system administrator and have them reconfigure the server.

I have been able to upload the Acatalog files to the site specifing www.mysite.com/myfolder/acatalog and the CGI-BIN files but cannot get past these two messages which is preventing the cart from operating.

If there is a way I could run the Actinic wizard I am sure that the issue would be revealed.

Any help would be grateful.

Leon

Hi,

'The wizard is unable to establish a connection with mysite.com for unknown reasons. The specific error is: There are no more files.
    Actinic requires at least one file in the root of the site for the wizard to be able to continue. There would usually be an 'index.html' page (even if it is just a holding page until your site goes live). Are you able put one file at the root of the site?

The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin.
    Are you sure that your site is set up to allow cgi-scripts to run.

If you still cannot get this working, I suggest you log a support call here and someone will then try to help you to set this up as long as you are willing to give them your FTP details.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X