Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP proxy setup using SSL wizard

Hello,

I have just started the network configuration of a site, intending to change the setup from the Actinic test mode to the live one. Thisis so that I can put a test site live very soon.

Using the 'SSL config wizard', I am prompted for "FTP Proxy". Is the information required the target server details? I have tried with all options (None,Default,Proxy) but keep getting a "request timed out" error message.

Can anyone tell me which settings I need to input? Has anyone encountered a similar timeout problem and how did they fix it?

Many thanks,
    Jan
    Jan
    www.littleherbal-international.com

Depends if you are using a proxy server to connect to the internet - if you connect directly then use "none" in the "Proxy settings".

Have you tried ticking the "Use enhanced FTP" box and changing the time out settings? Also worth trying the "Use passive FTP transfers"

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have been informed by the host that the proxy settings should be 'None'. I've tried all permutations of testing as is, with passive and with enhanced FTP but still get the "operation timed out" message.

My firewall is disabled but are there any other local settings that I should check?

After searching the forum threads for similar cases, I wonder if the problem lies on the server/network side.
      Jan

Comment

Have you tried FTP'ing to the site using something like CuteFTP or similar?

Bikster

Comment

Hello jont,

I've tried unsuccessfully to open an ftp session from my PC using a DOS prompt and IE.

This suggests a server-side issue. I have remote desktop to the server but am waiting for the host to advise.

Glad to see it's not just me missing the nice weather...!

Thanks,
          Jan
          Jan

Comment

What nice weather? 2 minutes in the sun and my English rose complexion becomes a lobster

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X