Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triggering a Promotional Message in the Checkout Based Upon Customer Order Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering a Promotional Message in the Checkout Based Upon Customer Order Value

I want to offer customers a lower shipping rate tariff if they order over a certain value (£29 to be exact). Within the checkout, I want to remind customers, whose orders fall below £29, that, if they order more, they will be charged a lower shipping rate.

How do I create an automatic promotional flash on the checkout page stating "Order over £29 of Products and Get Reducing Shipping Costs" ONLY for those customers that have not met the threshold?

Presumably, the logic is 'IF PRODUCT ORDER VALUE<£29 THEN SHOW MESSAGE A'?

Appreciate any tips on how to achieve this. Thank in advance.

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid Actinic does not allow scripting within the current build. You could possibly achieve this using javascript on the checkout primary template. Have a look at our v7 Advance User Guide. There is a section called "Stopping People from Checking Out with Less Than 2 Items". You could adapt this script to allow "Total Value" instead of Cart count. Using the javascript IF statement you could set the following

Code:
    if (getCartItem(1) <=2000) { document.write('Buy more please'); }
    You would need to know javascript to make this work.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Or another way would be to create a discount for orders over your £29 limit that knocks off whatever the difference is between your two postage charges . . . that way customers that have less the £29 in their cart will get a message saying "spend x more pounds to receive a discount".
      David
      Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Working...
      X