Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgraded site, now forgets cart contents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgraded site, now forgets cart contents?

Just upgraded my aromatherapy site from v6 to v7 (on my test server) and it mostly seems ok, except...

when adding something to the basket it returns to the home page not the section it came from (the old zonealarm problem that was fixed in a v6 patch release?). Does v7 have this same problem or is something else likely to be causing this?

Also, when adding to the basket, it erases the previous contents. ie. if i add 5 items then there are 5 items, if i add 3 new items there are now only 3 items not 8 etc. And, although the cart count variables in the homepage are correct(ish), if I actually choose 'view cart' the cart is empty!

Any ideas?
    John

Hi,

What is the url for the test site please so I can check it out?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

it's on my internal network, but when i get back i'll config it to be visible to the 'outside'. should be around 16:30 today, will let you know.
      John

Comment

i can't get the scripts to work (add to cart, view cart) for internet users. However, I have discovered the following which looks exactly like the zonealarm bug in v6 -

When i access the site from a PC with norton security centre it works as expected. When i access the site from a PC with zonealarm it give the symptoms mentioned before (returning to homepage from basket and each new item overwriting the basket).

I can fix this by changing the following settings in zone alarm privacy - untick 'block 3rd party cookies' and the basket starts working again and untick 'hide private header information' and it returns to the sending page not the home page...

As a cross check, if I use the same zonealarm pc to access my live site - with the 2 settings above ticked (ie. blocked) the site functions as intended - therefore v7 seems to have lost something... or the site has lost something in conversion...
        John

Comment

You might want to check your privacy policy settings. This could potentially mess up the cookies.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

but my point is that the zonealarm settings are the same for the v6 live site and the v7 test site - but the v6 site works fine with those settings but the v7 site doesn't. And also that my testing shows those two settings to be the cause of the problem.
            John

Comment

oh wait. sorry, i think i misunderstood - I'll take a look, to see if there is anything there that might affect this.
              John

Comment

I know. Maybe I should have said:

You might want to check your privacy policy settings In Actinic.

I was just suggesting that if the privacy policy settings didn't copy across properly to V7 then actinic may be sending the wrong header info on the cookies and that could be messing up zonealarm.

I use zonealarm, so if you'd like someone to try and replicate your problem I'm more than willing to take a look.

Mike

edit: only just saw your follow up post after I posted this.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

unfortunately, although i can make the test site visible to the internet it won't let you run the scripts so you won't be able to see the problem. Not sure why because the access rights look ok to the cgi-bin.
                  John

Comment

traceyg, are you able to replicate this problem at actinic? or do you still need to see the test site?
                    John

Comment

Hi John,

I've just tested a live v7 site with zone alarm switched on and it works as it should (no changes made to zone alarm), so I'm afraid not. It would be better if we could try it out on your test site - could you put Actinic v7 into Test Mode (Web | Switch to Test Mode) and upload it to your server (in a test directory). Note that this requires enough space to have your site uploaded twice.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X