Developer Subscription Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer Subscription Payment

Last week I got a letter to pay the developer subscription (renewal) for the first year £250+VAT.

I don't understand what this payment is for? I purchased the developer version, that's it, a one time payment.

But there is a payment year after year, it even increases to £450+VAT p.a

Is this payment mandatory?

Thank you for the info.

Is it the support package you purchased? If so that is an optional renewable subscription. You don't need to subscribe to the actual software.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you, but I don't quite understand, when I cancel the subscription, will I be able to download updates?

Comment

You'll be able to download maintenance updates within a version release (i.e. V7.0.4, V7.0.5, etc) but not new version releases such as V8. To do that you need to have actinic cover in place.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

With the subscription cover i believe you get preferrential rates for new releases plus the excellent telephone support etc - so it may be worth considering renewing the subscription if you use the support desk and will be upgrading to v8

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

When is v8 due?

Does any one know when v8 is due??
            Jane

Comment

Hi there

As many details as I can give are in this thread.

Comment

Thanks guys, I got a letter to send my CC details with snail mail in order to pay the fee.

Are there any other ways like using PAYPAL?
                I really don't want to send sensitive informations like CC details via snail mail and it will make life easier.

Comment

Cant read quoted thread

Chris

we dont have developer yet and are trying to work out whether to buy it now and add the cover or wait a while and buy v8 without

we are planning to split our site into at least 4 different ones to serve niche markets

But since we have no idea when v8 is due we'll wait a while to see if there are any clues

Jane
                  Jane

Comment

The cover support is really helpful if you plan to do a lot with developer. On average versions have come out approx every 18 months to 2 years, if my memory servers me right. If you decide to take it out later it will cost you £450/year. If your budget can take it I would go for it, as you will have phone support etc..IMHO
                    Jenny
                    Hanson Web Design
                    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
                    X