Error getting the current FTP directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error getting the current FTP directory

I have been successfully uploading my site for ages and suddenly last night am getting an error when uploading "Error accessing the installation destination directory" which was immediately followed by a Nortons firewall security alert with an intrusion of "FTP Pathname Glob Buffer Overflow".

Running the web configure gives me an error also (An error occurred while attempting to change permissions of the file ActinicBasicCGITest.pl - the FTP Server returned a reply code of 550. The current permissions of the file are 0700 and the required permissions are 0755) This has been raised with my hosters / Actinic resellers and they cannot reproduce the problem.

I have Nortons Firewall installed which I have not changed the settings on but I disabled it to see whether I could then upload and this did not work so I don't think it is a nortons issue.

I have changed the Advanced Network Settings for "Use Passive Transfers" and this did not work. I cannot upload my site now and stock is changing by the hour - I have reached the limit of my knowlege - HELP!

There is another thread reporting a similar issue. My site has run flawlessly until yesterday - I am now unable to upload changes because of this FTP error reporting that it is unable to change directories. My settings have not changed! This tends to suggest that there has been a common change to UNIX hosts that is about to affect a lot of us. I am running Version 4.

Please help as we are already receiving orders on items we have run out of stock of - is my only solution to delete everything on our server to stop customers buying as it is a bit impracticall to do a manual upload every hour?
    Paul Codman
    <a href="http://www.snoozeshop.com/acatalog/index.html" target="_blank">www.snoozeshop.com</a>
    01394 670970

Comment

There are several reports of this issue coming through.
      There are a few possibilities as to why this happened from last night.
      The first one would be due to a Microsoft update.
      Can you confirm if you have recently ran a microsoft update, and if so which updates were ran? Also what OS are you running on? One client is on Windows 2000!
      Second one: ISP issue. There is maybe a common ISP issue. Unlikely but possible. Perhaps the ISP has updated routers/rules etc which is causing the actinic FTP commands to fail. I know one client who is having same problem uses BT Openworld.
      Third: Possible Norton firewall update? Maybe the firewall settings have changed?

Until more testing is done and settings compared it will be difficult to track.
      Quite a serious issue though for a few people.
      Maybe someone else has a better idea/suggestion?
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
      X