Server based problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server based problems

I have reached the testing stage for a site I have prepared for a client. I sent them a copy of Actinic Catalog so we could test downloading orders and I could show them how it all worked. Being a large organisation FTP is through their own internal server running ISA Server 2004. To date their IT department has not been able to configure the software to connect with the site I have constructed. The settings are those as under deploy site snapshot, however, I connect directly through broadband and not through a server. I have downloaded from Actinic the documentation "Configuring Actinic with ISA Server 2000" and sent it to their IT department, but so far no luck. If anyone out there has had any similar experience and found a solution it would be a help.

Where is the site hosted? It really is not that important what they run on their server if the site is not hosted there.

The only info they will need if they are connecting to an external server is the ftp address, the username and password that has been created for them at that ftp address, and then what ports are used so they can configure their firewall.
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 22-Jun-2005, 07:17 PM. Reason: the usual spelling errors
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks

That is rather what I thought when I boldy set up a meeting today. However, Actinic refuses to make contact with the site and so far no one seems able to work out why. I have already encountered a problem on my own machine, and seen other topics posted where Actinic appears to have problems when encountering other FTP software on the system.

Comment

I have several ftp enabled programs including a commercial FTP program and the one Bill Gates insisted I take if I want to use his operating system. I also have different Firewall software on the laptop and desktop as well as NAT and firewall enabled on the router.

Perhaps your best route is to send an email request to Actinic Support, giving them access to the FTP address, including a username and password. They are usually quite proactive in helping with setup problems.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi there

See if you can ftp via internet explorer as well. To ftp in internet explorer, please open a window and in the address bar type in the following:

ftp://usernameassword@serverhost

If its reports an error, then please try to fix this. Once this is fix, then try Actinic.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X