My site very slow for AOL users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My site very slow for AOL users

For the past few months just about all of my customes who use AOL say the my site is painfully slow. If they use internet explorer they get full speed. Has to be related to AOL browser

can any one see why??

http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/

hosted on an Apache server version 1.3.33 (Unix)

PHP version 4.3.11

PERL version 5.6.1
    David

If I were you I'd run your page through the w3c validator at http://validator.w3.org/

There are always some actinic errors, but you should try and sort out the javascript ones. they're the most likley to be causing you problems.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The integrated AOL browser has always been a pig for speed for any site.

Just taken a quick peek and your product image sizes are all quite small so no improvements to be made there.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

How can I check my javascript for errors? the w3c validator looks mind boggling. seems to show up so many things that really aren't a problem (I hope)

I know the AOL browser is a pig but can I tune my site to work faster with it?
        David

Comment

Do the basics first. Then worry if that doesn't work.

1. Your page is 124KBytes or ~ 1Mb in size. That will take anyone on a 56K modem at least 25 seconds to load. You really need to have fewer or smaller images.

2. You need to fix the errors. Try opening it in firefox and it loads the page but sits there saying ' waiting for tradetiler.com...

There's also some strange mousover stuff going on in firefox.

I still say that if you pay attention to what the validator is saying and fix the errors that it shows then it will become much easier to pinpoint what the real problems are. (short of anyone being willing to hand walk through all your code and list the problems and fixes for you).

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Just downloaded Firefox

I noticed the mouse over stuff in the main menu. seems to underline all the text as you move into the window. This could be the a part of the problem

It is all a bit much for me. Who can I pay to sort it out?

Maybe I should go for that new theme after all
            David

Comment

Working...
            X