Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Page Perils!

Hello, All -

I've encountered a bit of a tricky problem which is a little irritating to say the least! Trouble is, it's one of those operational "quirks" that I assume is hardwired into the system. Either way I'd be grateful for any advice.

In order to replicate the problem you need to perform the following sequence:

1) Call up the search page and search for an item.

2) Actinic displays the results.

3) Choose a product from the list.

4) Once on the product's page, add the item to your cart.

At this point, depending on your settings, Actinic will show you the current contents of your cart. It will then pause a specified amount of time before bouncing you back to the previous page.

Here's where things get odd...

Unfortunately, instead of bouncing you back to the last products page, you are returned to the search page! Most customers find this a little confusing - not least because the search page (of all the pages generated by Actinic) does not display any navigational links! In other words, once you're on the search page, the only way to get off again is to search for something.

You could remedy this situation by hard-coding a link (perhaps back to the top of the catalogue) into the search template. This seems the only alternative as the NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBxxx link codes will malfunction if inserted into Act_SearchTemplate.

Any thoughts?

if you choose "quantity in shopping cart" you loose the bounce feature, the shopper stays on the basket page and has to click continue shopping or checkout.

I chose to go with this option as I found the "quantity on product page" threw up a few undesirable actions

Comment

Hi, Jo -

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately when I switched to the "quantity in shopping cart" method it just created another - very similar - problem.

1) Call up the search page and search for an item.

2) Actinic displays the results.

3) Select a product from the list.

4) Once on the product's page, add the item to your cart.

At this point Actinic will, again, show you the contents of the shopping cart. Thankfully, the system no-longer bounces back to the search page. Instead, in order to proceed, you must press the "Continue" button. As soon as you do this, however, you end up at the search page again!

Doh....

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Perchpole

At this point Actinic will, again, show you the contents of the shopping cart. Thankfully, the system no-longer bounces back to the search page. Instead, in order to proceed, you must press the "Continue" button. As soon as you do this, however, you end up at the search page again!

Doh....

AJ
        Interesting, before I posted I checked the behaviour on one of my sites and it didn't go back to search, it went back to the product.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          Interesting, before I posted I checked the behaviour on one of my sites and it didn't go back to search, it went back to the product.

Hmm? When I hit the continue button it always returns to the search page. I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this?

AJ

Comment

Hi there

For myself this does not happen. Like Jo in Pinbrook it simply goes back to the last product you have added. What the url of your site so we can test it. It could be a corrupted session file or template issue.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

For what it's worth, our site has the same problem as Perchpole is reporting . . . which is lucky because we hadn't noticed this.

www.mandrake-press.com/acatalog
              David
              Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

I've just tested, and my site does the same.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi there,

Hmm on a default store i could not replicate this. Please could i ask one of you to register an email support ticket on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. As this will need to be investigated.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

see http://community.actinic.com/showthr...4529#post74529 for the solution from support.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                    X