Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search page error - invalid characters

Hi,
    I get this error when click on an item from the search pointing to an item on the page below. I assume its because if the & in the section title. If I click directly on the section its fine but when clicking from the search results page I get this error. Any advise please?

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: "Chews_&_Soft_Candy.html" contains invalid characters.
    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

You can't use ampersands "&" like that in the URL - it can be used for serach strings etc but not in a url page name - try renaming the page (not just the title) to see if that works

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
      Yeah it works fine without the "&" but the "and" makes the section longer Ah well it works fine, thanks.
      Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Have the same issue with my domain name as all our branding and logo's use "&" but have to use "and" in the domain - forever having to spell it out "A" "N" "D" when quoting the address over the phone

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          You can't use ampersands "&" like that in the URL - it can be used for serach strings etc but not in a url page name - try renaming the page (not just the title) to see if that works

I had the same problem but found that the ampersand worked OK for some page names, just not for others. Actinic's inbuilt help section does not include the ampersand amongst invalid characters so I'm not sure that's entirely the reason for the script error. - but then the software does work in mysterious ways at times!

Kind regards
          Karen
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

It is probably due to the way the pearl script works when doing a search - the & in the URL is likely to kill the search string - much in the same way you can have an apostrophe ' in an image title but if you use that image in a Javascript function the apostrophe will break the script. Best always to work with alphanumericals and underscores for page names and images.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X