Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payment date error on invoice - Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment date error on invoice - Please Help!

Can you help?

A customer has just contacted us to say that the payment date on his invoice (appearing on the bottom of the invoice) for a credit card order that was placed on 11 June 2005 reads 6 December 2005.

Looking back through our invoices, we've noticed that this has happened on numerous occassions when an order has been processed the day after it is received.

It seems that the order was placed on 11.06.2005 (UK date setting) then was processed on 12.06.2005 (UK date settting) but it has come out on the invoice as 06 Dec 2005 (ie 6.12.2005).

We are using Worldpay as payment provider.

Can anyone advise?

Richard
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Hi Richard,

When you downloaded the order, it takes the time and date from your server. Have you tried doing a test purchase? Are all orders with the wrong date, if so, then i would suggest in contacting your hosting company and get them to check the date on your server.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

We've investigated this a bit further and come to the conclusion that it must be an Actinic problem. Our host (4sure) checked the date on the server and all was OK, and Worldpay aren't claiming any responsibility. In any case, the error occurs with Pay by Cheque orders too, so that rules Worldpay out. What we've noticed is that the date is wrong up until the 12th day of the month, after which it corrects itself back to the right date. Where does the "Payments date" on the printed invoice come from?

Richard
      ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
      Free 30 Day Trial
      ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi Richard,

Can you check the format in which the date displays on your computer, is it mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy. The date display on the orders Tab will be in the same format as on your system.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce

Date format on the computer is dd/mm/yyyy. Can't see how that can affect this problem, though, as it certainly doesn't swap around after the 12th of the month!!! Plus, the other dates that appear on the invoice are consistently correct.

Richard
          ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
          Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Based on that screenshot I would say Worldpay are returning the date in the wrong format - but looking at the OCC templates, no date information is being passed, so this would appear to be something either in Actinic or within your PC settings. Just to eliminate this, can you check the short date format setting in Control Panel | Regional and Language options?
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Which date are you referrering to - is it the one half way down the order (Date Ordered) or the one at the foot of the page (to the right of page 1 of 1).

What dates are shown in the order details within Actinic?

Regards
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Checking the regional settings on the PC revealed that the short date format was indeed m/dd/yy. I've changed this to dd/mm/yyyy so we'll see if that sorts it out (wouldn't be a surpsrise, as most problems tend to have very simple solutions!!!). Unfortunately, we won't be able to test if this has fixed it until next month as we've gone past the 12th!! I'll let you know.....

Richard
                ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
                Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Always glad to help.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Wrong date/time problem

I currently have the same problem with the date and time displayed on my orders. My PC has the date and time format correct but my orders are showing the date and time incorrectly.
                    Example: Today July 1st, 2006 at 7:14 pm and order was placed. In my list of pending orders under "Date Ordered" and within the emails sent from Actinic software to the customers and me it says that the order was placed on
                    July 2nd, 2006 at 12:14 am. Which obviously is impossible since even now it is not yet July 2nd at 12:14 am.

Can someone please tell me how to adjust the date/time that is programmed into the Actinic software? It is NOT pulling this info from my PC. My pc says the correct time and date. This is definitely an Actinic thing.

Thank you in advance.
                    Jen
                    www.absolutetechservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by jen@muskytales.
                      I currently have the same problem with the date and time displayed on my orders. My PC has the date and time format correct but my orders are showing the date and time incorrectly...
                      Please don't duplicate your posts - see my reply here:
                      http://community.actinic.com/showthr...742#post112742

Comment

Working...
                      X