Out Of Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Of Memory

Can anyone help. I have just started using Actinic Version Seven and have set up my catalogue with no problem but when I try creating or editing existing brochure pages or fragments I get the following message in centre of screen. Catalog Out Of Memory. I am using Actinic Ver 7.3 and Windows 98 version 2

Thanking you
    Barry

Hello Barry,

This sort of message is usually an indication of insufficient RAM. Actinic requires a minimum of 128mb.

Try closing all other programs before using Actinic. There are always other processes running in the background, so these will eat up some of your RAM.

Run disk clean-up which I think you will find under accessories. This will get rid of all unnecessary files that may be taking up room in your swap file.

If you only have 128mb installed, consider doubling up to 256mb. RAM is so cheap now it would be well worth it.

Hope this helps.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Out Of Memory

I have 256mb ram and all applications are closed except for Actinic but still have the same problem.(out of memory)

Comment

May be worth checking the size of the windows swap file to try an allocate more of the hard disk space (if available). Open Task Manager and try shutting down extraneous services you know you don't require (with obvious care) to help free more RAM

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It might also be worth checking out some of these free RAM utilities.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwmemory.html

Hope this helps.

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Memory Problem

Tried everything and found the only way to change a brochure or fragment page is to delete the page I want to edit and replace this with a new page. If I then want to edit this page I have to go through the same process again and start an other new page. I can change the page titles and apply these with no trouble its only when I try changing the layout or text that I get the message Out of Memory. I have upgraded to 512MB RAM but still have the problem. I have run memory tests etc and no faults are being detected.

Comment

I had the same problem while creating fragments on Win 98 SE, but Actinic support could not replicate it. Like you, I had to constantly delete something (to change the state of the program) in order to proceed. I eventually had to get a new XP Pc. I suggest you do the same, as Actinic Support claim it's an unknown issue!

Comment

It might be worth trying a fresh install of Actinic Barry. One of the program files may have become corrupted.

Copy your site.1 first to a safe place. (desktop) Export your Network settings to the desktop so you can import them back in later. Plus take a copy of your encryption key located in Housekeeping/security.

Go to Add/remove programs in your control panel and click on Actinic and remove. It won't take long to uninstall and re-install. Check out the various features using the Actinic Example store. If all is well, restore your original Site.1, replace the encryption key with the original and bobs your uncle!

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Might be worth a try, but I believe it's a problem with certain configurations of Win 98 SE.

Comment

Barry,

I was able to run Actinic on 98SE without any problems, so you should be able to get it to work. Hold off on buying new kit just yet. Unless you want to of course!

Try the fresh install approach. Do you know about defragging the hard drive? You should do that on a regular basis anyway.

Don't give up just yet.

Myles
                    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Out Of Memory

Reloaded Actinic same Problem. Upgraded to XP all now ok.
                      Thanks to everyone.

Comment

Shame you had the cost of upgrading but at least you now have the extra "benefits" of XP

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                        X