Credit Card Issue Numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Issue Numbers!

Some new Switch cards are being re-issued without issue numbers but with start dates, likewise with Maestro cards.
    For Actinic users like us who download secure card details for processing, how are we supposed to know exactly which credit card capture configurations to use?
    The problem is that if you tick a particular box in the credit card capture configurations, the customer has to use it or else the order fails.
    Why not have the facility whereby the customer is asked to input all of the available information on their card?
    eg.
    Account Holders Name on Card
    Card Number
    Start Date
    End Date
    Issue Number (if available)
    Three Didgit Security Code.

Any chance of a fix for this....please?
    If there isn’t a fix, does anyone know of a web address where all credit/debit cards are listed with which ever security info they have on them?
    Thanks
    Tim

We got round this by having 2 Switch/Maestro card types specified in Business Settings | Payment & Security | Configure Method | Credit Card Capture Configuration | Credit Cards Accepted.

Specify one As "Switch/Maestro with Issue No" and the other as "Switch/Maestro without Issue No". Then make Issue No required for the first and Start Date required for the second.

These options will then appear in the drop-down at the checkout.

You will need to do the same for Solo Cards if you accept these.
    Brian
    www.flowergallery.co.uk
    Same day flower delivery to UK
    Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
    International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Thanks Brian,
      I thought perhaps it would be something like that. I will use your kind advice, however it's still a bit of a credit/debit card jumbly mess don't you think?
      Two of my web orders today couldn't even get the address of their house right so I don't know how they are going to cope with this!
      Regards
      Tim
      www.thecakestore.com

Comment

Working...
      X