Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invoice Date Error - is it a sosftware or me thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice Date Error - is it a sosftware or me thing?

Hi guys

Can any one advise how to add the date of invoice to the invoice, at the moment it is only showing the date of order. Even when you reprint the invoice it should have the invoice date displayed.

We have had a couple of acountant clients point out that the invoices generated by Actinic are not providing the correct and required information by law (apparently).

Is there any way I can add this.

Thanks

Stuart

I would like an answer to this as well as order date and invoice date are 2 totally different things.
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Originally posted by djferros
      I would like an answer to this as well as order date and invoice date are 2 totally different things.
      I just spoke to Technical support about this and have been told there isn't a way of adding it, which could potentially mean the invoicing on Actinic isn't generating legally correct invoices FOR ANY ACTINIC CLIENT.

Eg, if a client asks you to build a website in April, the purchase date will be April but the invoice date (delivery) may be 2 months later, not having this information will impact your accounts and could cause some problems for a few of us.

It will be added to a wish list for future versions

good luck

Comment

i'm not an accountant here - so I am probing blind on the subject unless anyone else can add anything!

Comment

Stuart - Actinic behaves properly for the majority of sites where we have a physical product that is sold at the time the order is shipped. The order process date is the invoice date and this is correct.

Your client's service does not fit the usual pattern, so how does your client process his orders? If he takes payment with order (in advance) he is causing his own problem because in accounting theory payment is not due until he delivers the service.

Normal accounting practice is to book an advance payment to an unearned income (prepayments) account and transfer it to the service fees account when the product is delivered. Actinic can only record payment once, when it is processed. Either your client needs to hold orders pending until payment is due (I think this way his invoice date would be correct - but he will probably have PSP/bank/credit card problems), or he needs to set up Actinic to use the prepayments file and do the second part of the transaction (the move from prepayment to fees) manually.

It would be interesting to see how the Actinic process differs from his manual process for non-internet orders. He may just be throwing you a red herring prior to asking for a reduction of fees.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Before anyone else says anything - my last post oversimplified things a little - but the main thrust is valid.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Actinic has a 'shipped' date and this is shown in the invoice, you can change the text shown on the invoice, so why don't you ship the item when you wish to invoice it, change date shipped to 'tax point' or 'invoice date' or whatever is most appropriate for you.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X