Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Settings

Hey Guys, how you all doing?

Is there any way of setting the search parameters to only gather results from the short descriptions?
    still thinking of one...

Hi Paul,

I'm afraid the search will put up on short description as well as full description. Currently there is no way you can omit from searching from full description.
    The only thing i could think of, is having a custom variable called FULLDESC and put the full description in here.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

thanks Nadeem. I can see what your saying; trouble is, I've over 20,000 items on the site. still, there must be a quick way to implement your suggestion - all I have to do is work it out...

watch this space...
      still thinking of one...

Comment

OK, going along with your suggestion. however, I think I need a little help.

I created a customvar named FULLDESCRIPT, and set it as text. then, in the products properties, I added the customvar, gave it the value of productid.txt, and then placed the associated .txt file into the site1 folder.

am I right so far?

now, I need to edit one of the templates don't I - but, which one?
        still thinking of one...

Comment

Hi Paul

Yes you need to edit the "Act_Productline.html" template and in this file, fine "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION". Here comment it out and it in its place "CUSTOMVAR:FULLDESCRIPT".

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

thank you again Nadeem - you've been a great help..
            still thinking of one...

Comment

Working...
            X