Order Manager problems on client site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Manager problems on client site

I'm nearing completion of my first site that has been written using Developer. I created a snapshot and took that along with a new copy of Order Manager to my clients site for installation. They are going to be downloading orders while I still maintain the product catalog and site scripts.

Installation progressed successfully however I got the following error message when downloading orders on Order Manager on my clients PC:

The server scripts are incompatible with this version of Actinic. Refresh the web site.

If order processing is split from web site maintenance then the two copies of Actinic must be upgraded to the same version.

If this error persists, copy the perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again.

Server version = "7 FBIA". Client version = "7 FEVA".

The developer version that I constructed the site on my pc with was one downloaded from the actinic site initially for evaulation, but since then I have purchase a license and have put in the license key. Thinking that this version my be out of date I have since upgraded from the developer CD, but Help|About Developer is still showing FIBA.

How do I get the versions inline so that the client machine can download orders?

You should be using the same ver or patch at both ends. Design, Upload and Download versions should all be the same. Currently 7.0.4 FEVA. You can downlaod this from the Actinic web site. The version on your web site is from 7.0.3 but you are trying to download to 7.0.4.

If you install the latest version it should be correct in Help | About.

The meassage says that script files of the server are from an older version. Presumably there is a version of your store uploaded to your web site using the eval copy? In which case the script files on the web server are still those from the previous version.

You need to do a Web | Refresh Website in Actinic to put the new scripts there.

If that doesn't work then delete the created scripts (the ones like ....001.pl and .pm but not the originals with <name>.pl and .pm) in your local site folder on your PC and from the cgi-bin on your web server and then do a refresh.

Comment

Working...
    X