Hit Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Counter

I would like to install a hit counter onto my site. I am thinking of using statcounter.com.

As i am a complete novice I am hoping this will work easily. I need to know if actinic uses frames - I think it does but just wanted to check.

I am using the home page and would like to put it at the bottom, am I correct in thinking I need to insert it into the Act_Brochure Primary. If not then please point me in the right direction.

Thanks Joy

Hi Joy

With regard to frames, Actinic doesn't use frames unless you have integrated it into a frames-based site, or used frames options in Actinic.

For statcounter, you'll need to add their code to each page you want to track, so yep - adding it into the Act_Primary file will work. Your layout and coding will dictate where you put the statcounter code. I had a bit of a toil getting it to integrate without disrupting the positioning of other elements.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Comment

Please be aware that hit counters can send the wrong message to potential customers if the hit value is low you are telling these customers that not many people visit your site.

You should be able to get much better information from your stats supplied by your ISP without telling the world and compeditors about it
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

You can turn off the display of hits when using statcounter.com's service.

As Chris says, for actual stats (keyword analysis, unique vists, etc), your Web host may have server-side stats installed, or you can use the (rather nice) stats generated by statcounter.com.

Ryan

Comment

I have inserted a Hit Counter by statcounter.com (hidden) into the bottom of my Act_Brochure Primary. This would appear to be working OK.

Does anybody know if it would it be possible to insert one on each of my section pages and if so which is the best way to do it? which template etc?

Thanks
          Joy

Comment

Hi Joy,

I put the information into the ActBrochure Primary and ActPrimary, and this works a treat. Same as you, I used the information hidden from the public!

hth.

Regards,

David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Working...
            X