X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to FTP server

Hi,

I cannot update my site

I get as far as "Checking search indices" and an error message comes up across the screen "Unable to connect to the FTP server. The FTP session was terminated". I get the same message when using the Network Setup Test. I haven't changed anything.

I've tried disabling Norton and my server has told me the problem is with the software.

This hasn't happened before and I've been running Actinic 6, trouble-free, for several months now.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Can anybody help please?

Pretty sure they are down. I have been able to update all morning then i tried 5 minutes ago and cannot connect.

Comment

Originally posted by zedbyc
      Pretty sure they are down. I have been able to update all morning then i tried 5 minutes ago and cannot connect.
      Hi there.

When you say 'they' are down - who are you referring to? If you have a trial site hosted on the support.actinic.co.uk site then we had an outage at our hosting company yesterday which should account for your difficulty in uploading. You shouldn't have a problem now.
      Can anybody help please?
      I suggest firing up Internet Explorer and try using that to access your website.

To do this type 'ftp://' then your username then '@' then your server address e.g.

ftp://username@www.mysite.com/

This will help eliminate whether your problem is with Actinic or your connection to the internet.

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to login to my site via Internet Explorer. My home page is fine, but I get an error message "File or directory not found" when I click on Shop.

I phoned my web-hosting company, who have just updated their system so I'm waiting to hear back from them......... as they appear to have changed my settings.........

Comment

Working...
        X