External Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Database

I would like to create an external database (ACCESS) to enable me to maintain/add the Product data, can anyone advise of the methodology in doing this.

I have created a database in access and linked and mapped all the fields using the tools in external links, but can the data flow both ways as currently my database is empty. Will Actinic populate my database automatically if not how do enter the data into my database, I tried exporting a file and importing that data but this looks very messy so I abandoned it.

Current status is Actinic working fine with 500 products, linked to an external database with all fields blank.

Regards
    Brian

Just take a copy of the Actinic database and use that to link to. Then you can use the catalog section and product tables to get the data you need for your data entry system.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

will have a look at that, if I understand correctly I can take a copy of the actinic DB and use that to poulate my own database with the product information on a one off basis, then link actinic to my DB using the ecternal links option, thereafter any changes I make in my database will update actinic automatically (and vice versa?)

regards
      Brian

Comment

Yes, fields changed in a linked database will be reflected in Actinic - be careful though because you can only link a limited number of fields.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your help Jan

I realise the limitations now that I have got it working but with multiple sites it will be easier to maintain stock levels from a central database.

I am using a simple form on certain key fields to do this and have written a report in Crystal V10 to show consolidated stock levels for all sites and if any components are used etc

Regards
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X