Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I hide the section content in the catalog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I hide the section content in the catalog.

We would like to put information in each section that will help us with website placement on the search engines.
    But this text is displayed in the catalogue (online shop) below the picture and title, which looks a bit silly.
    Therefore is it possible to setup actinic so as only the catagorie's image and title are displayed and not the description text within the section.

As you will see below I have had to remove the description text when in the section as it displays in the catalogue.
    http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatal...solutions.html

This is what the site looks like when we have descriptions in the sections, we need this text but the site looks poor as a result..
    http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatalog/shop.html

www.freeyourmobile.com

You can insert either HTML comments or <noscript> tags into the description so they sit in the background and are ignored by the web browser - however search engines are getting cleverer and may penalise against this - as they do against the old trick of white text on white background

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cheers.

The problem was more that I did not want to see the text under the image and description in the previous menu but needed it on the page I hope this makes sense.
      I therefore need the text as you explained but did not want to see the text in the main menu as it looks quite jumbled.

www.freeyourmobile.biz

Comment

It looks as though you are talking about the section image setup. Try replacing Act_SectionLine.html with the code in the box below (save a copy of the original first, under Orig_SectionLine.html or something similar).

<!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
        <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="10">

<TR>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP">
        <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A>
        </TD>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE">
        <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</B></A>
        <!-- br><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</span -->
        </TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>
        NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
        [added] this will apply right across the shop - if you want it only to apply in certain sections, you need to give the new file a unique name and select that as the section layout in the section below where you want it to apply.[added]
        hth
        Last edited by wjcampbe; 03-Jul-2005, 10:08 AM. Reason: add
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X