Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I import a duplicate set of products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I import a duplicate set of products?

Hi all,

Is it possible for me to import a duplicate set of products so I can work on the duplicate data before it updating my website. I have a section with 1000s of products under it that I wish to keep intact knowing no updates have been made to it.

Once my new data is formatted and ready to go I can then delete the old section, update the website with the new content and purge the database of the old stuff?

Thanks in advance

Hi there

It is possible to import duplicate product from a csv file. You just need to make sure that the duplicate Product Reference must be like in the form of '1!ABC'. Where 1 is the number of the duplicate, ! is the delimiter, and ABC is the original Product Reference.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

so say for example, i had a product i would like to duplicate 5 time. If the original product code AB123, would i write the codes as

1!AB123
      2!AB123
      3!AB123
      4!AB123
      5!AB123

I have tried doing it like this and when i try to do an import, a window pops up asking to auto generate a ref number?

Thanks

Comment

sorted now i think

Just in case other people are wondering, i updated the product dupicate number accordingly and it worked fine ie -

Code:
        Product Ref            Product Duplicate

1!AB123                 1
        2!AB123                 2
        3!AB123                 3
        4!AB123                 4
        5!AB123                 5

Comment

Working...
        X