Preauth Amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preauth Amount

My site is currently set up to take credit card payments through Protx, which preauthorises the customer's card. Is it possible to set up Actinic to tell Protx to only preauth £1, rather than the full transaction value?

Thanks, James

I think you will find they do not process the order amount in the authorisation until you repeat the transaction. All they do at the Pre-Auth stage is preliminary security and validation checks.

Actinic will show the full amount, as will the Protx VSP page, so this is confusing, but I don't see how that could be avoided.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

According to Protx, they shadow the amount of the transaction on the card after running the security checks. In theory, when a repeat is performed, the shadow is removed, thus freeing up space on the customer's credit limit. However, some of the shadows are not being removed and, as we sell expensive items, this is taking customers over their credit limit.

Protx have suggested that we only run preauthorisation for £1 but I am not sure how to do this. I assume that the file OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl needs to be edited but not sure how.

If anyone can help in this matter, I'd be most appreciative.

James

Comment

Hi there

There is no option on Actinic to run preauthorisation for £1. This is normally done by the PSP themselves I'm afraid. There is no option within the script to take this value. The script just passes the details of the transaction amount to Protx.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Am I able to do this by editing the line:

$sAmount = sprintf("%d.%02d", $::nOrderTotal / $nFactor, $::nOrderTotal % $nFactor);

in the OCCProtx script?

Thanks, James

Comment

I question James answer from Protx about shadowing

We use pre auth all the time but still sometimes get "payment not allowed by bank" when we go in a couple of days latter to collect the money when we dispatch the goods.

My understanding is they just check the card is valid and the money available at the time of order
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
            X