Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mailing from Actinic

Is there any way to add attachments?

Sorry - no answers, but I too am finding that emailing from within actinic isn't very flexible. Be good if there is a way of opting to use outlook as the email method, in the same way that you can opt to edit with dreamweaver.

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

The problem is the email is sent by Actinic from the server, not from your PC. Outlook is not available on your server, nor is your host likely to allow it to be.

Add to the complexity, most servers are *nix and Outlook is a Windoze prog...

It's using the perl script that restricts the email to plain text.

Many users - including myself - have html shut off at the receiving end for safety. I often receive email that somebody has spent a lot of time coding into HTML and I open a blank page - and will just delete the message.

I am happy with plain text - if I need something more I print to pdf and attach that.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You can add Actinic reports (eg the invoice or packing list) and files to emails (which can be HTML or plain text) if you use our One Stop Order Processing package to process orders. You can find more details and a free trial at the URL below :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...rocessing.html

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You could place a FORM within the HTML for a given page and have the details emailed to you. If you want the data to be formated then you could use a freeware cgi application such as BFormail which you can get from: http://www.scriptarchive.com/

You can configure this application to only recognise forms from your domain and only send to your designated email address which is important to plug some security holes. You will need to know the address of your hosts email server in order to set this up.

However, this mechanism will not handle attachments.

Delboy

Comment

Working...
          X