Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opt in to mail list option

Hi,

Is there a way of having a tick box option in the checkout phase to allow people to opt into mailshots?

either just below the remember me or below terms and conditions? the method would be

[tickbox ticked] 'I would like to receive periodically a copy of your newsletter and special offers by email'

Thanks

J
    --------------------
    www.ProSite.co.uk

Search this forum for 'other info prompt' and you will find details of how to add a new checkbox other info field.

hth
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Found what I needed (ish), in design / text / Web Site (Cont) using the show tick box and changing the text, although I would like it ticked (default) and the option to untick, could not find that, more info on other prompt not other prompt in checkout.

when I use the user definable it places a text box, can this be overwritten to a checkbox (checked)?

Thanks

J
      --------------------
      www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=type+checkbox
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I use the "Occasionally we share our address list with..." prompt for exactly what you describe, with the text suitably changed. It's ticked by default.

Of course this won't be much help if you already use this prompt - I use it like this because we don't ever share/sell customer info (and say so) so it's used as a "can WE send you mail sometimes" option instead.

Comment

Working...
          X