Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search taking ages!

Hi

We have got 6000+ products on our shop and we seem to be havin a few issues with the search. The search works fines its just that it takes ages to load, even on 1mb broadband.

the initial search screen loads up fine, if you visit www.cordee.co.uk and press search and then search for "Touching The Void", the initial return comes up fairly quickly showing 3 products. When you click the top product for example, it takes ages to load the next page.

Is there anyway we can speed this up?

Thanks

Martin

can anyone help?

Comment

That link above resolves to a non-Actinic travel site.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - it is an Actinic site if you look at the search string and the add to cart strings - seems they have renamed the "acatalog" folder to "html"

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I ran the search a few times and didn't think it look to long.

The only comment I do have is the fact that the whole site is in SSL, rather than just the checkout.

In the past i know that putting all the site in SSL would slow the site down, i don't know if this is true now though

Comment

trouble with making the cart only ssl is that the website is framed, if we make just the cart ssl, the padlock does not appear

dont think the ssl is affecting it tho, just tried doing a search withough the padlock on http://www.cordee.co.uk/html/search_main.htm

takes about the same time

Comment

does anyone have anymore ideas?

We have took the frames off the site and only have the ssl kick in at checkout and its still take aaaaaaaaages. Not so much the actual search, more when you click on a link on the search results page and it goes and finds the product.

an example of a book that takes a while is "One Man's Mountain"

Can anyone help?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

I used the link
                http://www.cordee.co.uk/html/search_main.htm to search for One Man's Mountain and got an instant response with one result

the search page is a frame within a frame so that needs to be sorted, ie it has 2 headers

Comment

ooops, that page shouldnt be there any more

the search page is now http://www.cordee.co.uk/acatalog/search.html

The actual search isnt too bad, its when you have the results and click on the link it takes a long time!

Thanks

Comment

Phew. I just about had time for a game of Freecell after clicking the search result link for "One Man's Mountain", before the page turned up (512Kb broadband).

That could be because your (big) product pages are being output via the Search Highlighting script.

If you can live without the highlighting go to View / Search Settings / Results and uncheck "Highlight Located Text".
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ahhhhhhh

Thats done the trick

cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X