Coupons and Telephone Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupons and Telephone Orders

Hi, have scaned the various postings on coupons and the help file but I can not find any thing relating to coupons and telephone orders.

When you click on 'New Order' there is a coupon drop down books however it is greyed out. Is it possible to active this as we are running a special where orders will come in on the web plus over the phone and for them to gain the discount we need to enter the coupon code in.

This is getting pretty urgent so any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks Mash
    Mash

Should have called the offline orders, but does anyone know who I can enter a coupon against an offline order!

Thanks Mash
    Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

Can you go into View | Discounts and Surcharf=ge settings and tell me if you have the Coupon Code enabled? The only circumstances under which I can replicate your problem is when the Coupon Code is not enabled, else I am offered a drop down and am able to select and correctly use a coupon code on an offline order.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

It is possible I promise you. I looked at the settings |View | Discounts and Surcharfge settings at the order level it was not enabled but at the cart contents it was enabled it was enabled.

These settings will not allow a coupon to be available for an offline order.

Then if I set up a dump discount at the order level, click on enable and apply. When selecting a new offline order coupons are now available (the dump coupon is not seen).

It works now which is superb as the pressure was on to find a solution but is this the way it is meant to work, what is the difference between order level and cart contents?

Thanks for your help, Mash
        Mash

Comment

I think you have answered your own question. Cart contents rewards customers for shopping online, order level applies to both online and offline orders.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X