Order processing wants to upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order processing wants to upload

Our administrator got a new PC this week, and I installed Actinic 7.0.3. I imported the site snapshot I'd exported moments earlier, only to find it wanted to upgrade as we were on 7.0.2. My PC was sorted, and it all works, except that the order processing PC keeps wanting to do an upload of the site. Essentially it thinks it has to upload the shop after the update of the site snapshot.

How can I tell it that it really doesn't need to update the web site, and stop annoying us each time it is run?

Thanks,
    Matthew

The new install has files dated at the time of the snapshot copy - Actinic is comparing those times and dates with those on the webserver and thinks everything has changed.

If you are using just the one new machine it may be worth just hitting upload to refresh and remove the nag - assuming you know the snapshot is working ok

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks, but the two machines are still separate. I upgraded and completely refreshed the site, but the warning on the order processing machine is still there.

Further suggestions welcome!
      Matthew

Comment

Have you got order processing only set on that machine that only processes orders?

I think this may stop the message from appearing.

Comment

Yes, it is only set for order processing.
          Matthew

Comment

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it is worth a shot.

On the order processing machine, do a snapshot and also back up the database somewhere safe.

Close Actinic and open the ActinicCatalog.mdb database within the 'Site1' folder in MS Access.

Look in the 'FileList' table.

Delete all records from this table.

Close Access, restart Actinic and try downloading orders again.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by cdicken
              open [snip] in MS Access.
              I do wish you wouldn't assume everyone has Access! We have never installed it, as it is not a database tool we ever needed or use. It would be nice if Actinic could put together a simple tool that allowed database maintenance.

I'll perhaps load it into a VMWare system or something, or find another tool that will do what you suggest. I presume Office 2003 is compatible.
              Matthew

Comment

Or you could register a support ticket with Actinic at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and we'll take a look at your database for you.

Comment

Working...
                X