Link Colour Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Colour Puzzle

This is a really strange one which is slowly driving me nuts.

I'm using the various Netquotevars to link to "Home" "Terms of Businesss" etc.,

Offline in preview mode, "Checkout" and "Contact Us" are showing in black. On the uploaded site "View Basket" has joined the ranks of links showing in black.

"Home" and "Terms of Business" however are displayed in some non-descript colour.

I can understand the "Contact US" link being black as this is a bit of Javascript linked to CSS.

I know I can use a span class in the Act_Navigation item, but why am I getting different results in preview mode to what is showing online, and why are two links in Black and two not? Doesn't make sense.

http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatalog/index.html

Hope someone can shed some light.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

When I first opened the page, all the links were black, though Contact Us was bold and the others normal text. After visiting a couple of links, I could barely see the link text when I returned to the home page or index (product) page.

You need to open your actinic.css file and change the settings for a:visited

There is also a problem with your image files - are these in your site1 folder before you upload to the website?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I wasn't quite sure what was going on with your code - do you want text links or are you trying to use images?

I thought the following might help...here is the code that I tend to use when defining catalog links - you'll have to add the links you want and change colours etc in the css to your choosing

<a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOMELINK" class="nav">Home</a> |
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBLOGINLINK" class="nav">Login</a> |
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCHLINK" class="nav">Search</a> |
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAPLINK" class="nav">Sitemap</a> |
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAILLINK" class="nav">Contact</a>
      and here's the CSS to go with it
      .nav a:link {
      font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size: 100%;
      color: #000000;
      text-decoration: underline;
      font-weight: bold;
      }
      .nav a:visited {
      color: #999999;
      }
      .nav a:active {
      color: #A80000;
      }
      .nav a:hover {
      color: #A80000;
      }

Comment

A new day and I can see where I've been going wrong.

In the Design/colours options you need to press select after saving your choices. It seems I was forgetting to do this for the visited link option. Of course when you go back and look at the pallete, the colour you want is still showing, so everything looks O.K. It just won't work! I don't see the point in having an extra button to push after you've saved your changes!

I am after text links and haven't bothered to change this from image links on the index page as I won't be using this page when the site goes live.

Thanks for the code Jo. I think I'll switch to this method. Now that I'm reading CSS for Dummies it makes more sense to me.

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
        X