Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with searching

Please help, when searching in my web site i'm getting this message

Error opening the word index "../acatalog/oldtext.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

I've look for this file and can't find it anywhere can anyone help?

Also have a problem with the login but i'm presuming its the SSL connection, which i have the hosting company looking at at the mo but may need help with it later.......

Hi Dave,

Have you tried doing a complete refresh of the site ( Web | refresh Website ) and then checking to see if the search falls over. Can you also check to see if any of your products use characters in the name that are not present in View | Search Settings | 'Not Indexed', if they are I would suggest adding them there and doing an update fo the site.

If this does not work we may have to delete the .pl and .pm files from the 'cgi-bin' on the server, and the .cat files from the 'acatalog' and then do a refresh of the site and see if it works.

Do post back with updates.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Still no joy have given up on this and am trying a complete re-build of the site.

Thanks for your help

Comment

New site same problem

Hi,

I've started again and still when searching i get the same error:-

Error opening the word index "../acatalog/oldtext.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.

Still no sign of the oldtext.fil on the server or local?

Any Idea's

Dave

Comment

David,

After rebuilding, have you refreshed the site? If this issue still happens after a refresh, I would suggest going into Help | Troubleshooting and clicking on 'Web Site Purge and Refresh', please note that this feature will only be available if you have uploaded and then downloaded an order. If the button is greyed out, please do the following,

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat and .fil within your /acatalog/ folder

4. Within your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat and .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Once done, do a complete refresh of the site by going into Web | refresh Web Site.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

No joy

Hi Have tried both ways and still no joy,

needless to say i'm not to brilliant at this sort of thing, is the oldtext.fil something that actinic creates of a file that should be there but actinic adds to it?

Feel free to see the error the url is

http://www.extremeleisure-sports.com/acatalog/
            just run a search and it'll pop up

Cheers
            Dave

Comment

Go into C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS and copy Act_SimpleSearch.html and Act_SearchTemplate.html and paste these into your Site1 folder, make sure they overwrite the existing ones in the Site1 folder. Looks like you have tried making a few changes to how it appears and that has somehow corrupted the templates. Do let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry Bruce It didn't work, I've not made changes to the search pages? also should there be an oldtext.fil within the actinic folder?

Cheers
                Dave

Comment

Dave,

I would suggest raising a support ticket ont his one so that teh support person can take a look at a snapshot of the site and see what is causing this issue. Please register a query @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

Please provide a link to this thread in the request.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

One thing worth trying...

Open Actinic and go to Help >
                    Troubleshooting >
                    Press Website Purge and Refresh from the bottom >
                    tick both boxes (delete Perl files and delete .cat and .fil files) >
                    press Delete and Refresh

HTHs

Ben
                    www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

oh and well your there change the Script ID (in Network Setup) to something else...

Just to get a fresh refresh!

(do not use an ID you have used before - 1 is default)
                      www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                        David,
                        After rebuilding, have you refreshed the site? If this issue still .......
                        ........ your Site1 folder
                        Once done, do a complete refresh of the site by going into Web | refresh Web Site.
                        Thanks Bruce,
                        Worked perfectly for me. I thought that I had completely messed up again and wasn't looking forward to starting afresh.

Andrew (still a noob at all this )
                        TandaStamps

Comment

Working...
                        X