• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error importing snapshot. tmp has a bad format

At a dead end here - HELP!

Importing snapshot causes this error almost instantly

Exceptions - fatal errors
    (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 1032) - C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AS8.tmp has a bad format

On the local machine I have compacted the database and then created the snapshot. I have then tested importing the snapshot and all works ok.

I have tried importing the snap shot on three other machines (completly seperate - one is my mums) and I am getting this error.

Only thing that has changed siince the snapshot stopped working is that I have made 50 CUSTOMVAR's to be able to associate more than one product to a pack item. http://www.tattoofashion.com/acatalog/Retail_Offer.html

Any help would be much appreciated

Davo
    example of my work http://www.tattoofashion.com

Hmm - may be it is due to the original path pointing to documents settings / compaq ... etc and that path is not available on the other machines - hence the reason it is working on yours.

Try moving whatever files you have into a basic root directory of the c: drive on your machine and try exporting the snapshot again

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Hmm - may be it is due to the original path pointing to documents settings / compaq ... etc and that path is not available on the other machines - hence the reason it is working on yours.

Try moving whatever files you have into a basic root directory of the c: drive on your machine and try exporting the snapshot again
      Thanks for the reply.

Temp files are a necesscary as a part of the snapshot import process - the path is just where they are stored on the machine doing the import. I did find the source of the problem though - My FTP software was corrupting the snapshot when I uploaded it to the server (why it suddendly started this I don't know). The solution was to use another FTP client and the snapshot was fine.
      example of my work http://www.tattoofashion.com

Comment

My FTP software was corrupting the snapshot when I uploaded it to the server (why it suddendly started this I don't know).
        Have you just upgraded it? Sounds like it was saving/uploading the files in ASCII instead of BINARY or vice versa, I forget which actinic prefers it's in the manual somewhere.
        "There is do and there is not do, there is no try" Yoda

Comment

can't help with the query but I had this exact same error when I ftp-ed my snapshot and then downloaded it onto my second computer.
          On importing it, I got the same message.
          Doesn't help, fo course, but wanted to say "me too!"
          Not cured it, btw.. not moved it onto laptop yet.. delaying it a while now and switching sites on one PC til second site gets busy enough to need it open all the time.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi there

Have you just upgraded it? Sounds like it was saving/uploading the files in ASCII instead of BINARY or vice versa, I forget which actinic prefers it's in the manual somewhere.
            The snapshot is a zip file, so it needs to be uploaded in BINARY not ASCII. If it is uploading in ASCII mode, then it will get corrupted.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X