Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 seems so alien! A Q about location info..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 seems so alien! A Q about location info..

It seems SO long since I worked with V6 that it all seem alien!
    I'm trying to set up the shipping by weight, for UK, EU and USA/Canada (still got USA missing from liost though.. can anyone help re. previous posts, please?)
    Anyway, I'm thinking it'd be helpful to have the "request location information early" option applied but it's shaded out?? Any ideas why?
    Also, I've uploaded a very work-in-progress version of my catalogeu to my redundant Chariots On hire webspace so I can see the checkout etc (good thing I did too!)
    If you add something to the cart, the Total field is blacked out.. why is that?
    addy is (until we change it over the jesterstrickbits.co.uk!) www.chariotsonhire.co.uk/acatalog
    Is very much an ongoing project at the moment, there's a LOT of COH lingering there still (most of it in the changed text/T&Cs etc) but I'd appreciate the help with the cart and my shipping issues.
    Many thanks
    Tracey (so used to wkring in V7 and really missing the split screen effect!)
    Tracey

Hi,

Anyway, I'm thinking it'd be helpful to have the "request location information early" option applied but it's shaded out?? Any ideas why?
    For this option, your shopping mode should be set to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'. If you have any sections using a different shopping mode then you can't use the 'Request Location Information Early' feature.

If you add something to the cart, the Total field is blacked out.. why is that?
    This is because you are using black text on a black background. I would change the background colour of the table headers by going to 'Design | Colors' and change the 'Form Emphasis' colour.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks again Tracey!

I think I might chage the "Qty on confirmation page" back from product page as customers are more likely to get their shipping costs quicker if their location info is retrieved early on in checkout (is that right?)

I've changed the form emphasis colour to white now, hopefully it won't effect anything else!
      Tracey

Comment

Hi,

as customers are more likely to get their shipping costs quicker if their location info is retrieved early on in checkout (is that right?)
        Yes, the first time they add a product to the basket they will be asked for their shipping location and the shipping costs will be calculated and displayed from that point.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

OK, is there a reason why I'm getting the "shipping destination" prompt EVERY time I add something to the cart and not just the first time?
          I'm guessing I've ticked/not ticked a box somewhere but I'm not sure which one..LOL
          Thanks!
          Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, I think that is my mistake (it's a long time since I've used this feature). It does display the 'Shipping Destination' box each time but it should remember the country you selected the first time.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

ah right, thanks
              That's more consistant with what I'm experiencing.
              Would look better to just display the location given (without the unsightly drop downs) once it's been given with the first add to cart.
              Perhaps with a checkbox for if the customer wants to change their shipping destination on subsequent cart additions, if required?
              Just looks a bit messy, although it is working fine, thanks.
              Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Would look better to just display the location given (without the unsightly drop downs) once it's been given with the first add to cart.
                I agree. I'll add this to the wish-list.

Perhaps with a checkbox for if the customer wants to change their shipping destination on subsequent cart additions, if required?
                Customers should not do this as you can't ship to more than one destination and I think it would be unlikely that a customer would want to change the country that they are shipping goods to part way through the order - or do you think I am wrong?
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

NO, I think you're right. But there'll always be the customer who decides that, when the shipping to their own country gets too high, they'll try having it shipped to Auntie Mabel instead and might want to see how much less that would cost?
                  I think it needs to be changeable, just not at EVERY cart addition!
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X