Page layout not always consistant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page layout not always consistant!

I'm having trouble getting all my pages laid out the same.
    Ideally, I'd like them all like this Tail Lights
    THe product field is nice and wide and I'm alternating left and right images, just for fun

I have, in my design settings, the main product layout as "one product per row, image on left" and then every other product I use "image on right"
    I have each section set up to "use parent" yet many of my pages come up like this Mesh & Mirrors which clearly doens't fill the page so well

The thing is, I've checked over and over again, ALL my section settings and they're all the same so I can't work out what is causing the difference.
    Has anyone got any ideas? It's probably something I've overlooked
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

its possibly the table width in act_catalog body, do you have more than one act-primary?

I would look further up the hierarcy to see what is being inherited

Comment

There isn't much hierarcy to check! The main Design>options>layout is set as "Actinic original primary template" and all the sections and subsections are set to "use parent"
      If you look at the "Lights & Indicators" section (which is set as "Use parent", for example. The INDICATOR product page is narrow and the LIGHTS page is wide, yet both use the "Use parent" settings at all the prompts for the section in the "layout" and "product" tabs.
      I'm not sure what else to check!
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

You seem yo be using both Act_ProductLine.html and Act_ProductLineRight.html in the same table which I would think is down to the way you've entered the products and selected different layouts. Instead of selecting 'Use Parent' under the GENERAL tab of PRODUCT DETAILS go to the right and choose 'Select' and then consistently set that same layout.

That might work better for you.

Nice products by the way.

Delboy

Comment

THanks Delboy but that doesn't work!
          In fact, the example I gave previously (the light section, the "lights" and "indicators" subsections) ARE both set up with the product layouts of "One product per row, image on left" and "One product per row, image on right" alternating, rather than using the "use parent" option.
          Despite this, the 2 subsections aren't laying out the same with the "lights" filling the width and the "indicators" not.
          I'm not sure what else to try!
          Thanks though
          Tracey

Comment

I would go back and find a V4 or 5 template where the norm was to alternate, use this to create a template which has 2 products in it, one left and one right per act_productLine

Comment

Working...
            X