Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasySpace NT server

Hi,

...having a nightmare uploading my catalog to EasySpace Windows server (Platinum NT).
    Runs through the wizard OK until the followinf error;
    "...change the permissions of the file ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl. The FTP server returned reply code 500.
    The current permissions of the file are 066 required 0755. The connection wizard will not continue...."
    obviously, being on a Windows server, I can't CHMOD to 755, so in Frontpage I checked the permissions on the cgi-bin and acatalog folders - they are set to allow programs, scripts and browsing.
    EasySpace donesn't seem to have any file permission capabilities in it's control panel (ie set IUSR etc..) and their support is worse than useless!
    Any one had/cured/knows of a cure to this problem would be welcomed.

Thanks for reading...

Simon

Try using a stand alone FTP program and set the permissions through that - I use Leech FTP a free download at CNET or DOWNLOAD.COM ... it isn't pretty but it does the business

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

cheers for the reply - no use though I'm afraid, it's an NT server hosting package not unix, so setting permissions this way won't work?

Comment

Can you get anything from the advanced user guide data on setting up IIS? I am sure also that I saw a thread here just a day or two ago about IIS6.

hth
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

...the full story!
          I setup the actinic test site on a unix hosted package and all was great.
          My client runs their website on an NT server hosted by EasySpace. So, I altered the network settings over to the EasySpace hosting and then the problems started....
          Finally managed to get the actinic catalog uploaded to the site and the cgi-bin (they have perl running) populated. However, I have noticed that the COM folder has not been written to the acatalog folder as per the original site, and when refreshing the website I get an error regarding copying the fulltext.fil to oldtext.fil...failed...no such file or directory, please refresh the site (round in circles).
          Also, when I do a check on the website from help|troubleshooting, the contents of the cgi-bin folder shows the contents of the html folder ('root' of the website) rather than the actual contents of the cgi-bin folder.
          EasySpace do not seem to know the answer and keep having 'stabs in the dark' at altering the network settings in actinic.
          Any suggestions?

Current Network Settings: (*username* and ****** substituted actual settings)

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
          HTTPPROXYADDRESS
          HTTPPROXYPORT 80
          HTTPPROXYUSER
          HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
          FTPPROXYMODE 0
          FTPPROXYADDRESS
          FTPPROXYPORT 21
          FTPPROXYUSER
          FTPPROXYPASSWORD
          SCRIPTID 1
          SCRIPTEXT .pl
          SMTPHOST localhost
          WEBSITEURL http://www.******.co.uk/
          IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
          USERELATIVECGIURLS false
          PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
          USEENHANCEFTP true
          FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
          FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
          FTPSILENT false
          FTPMAXRETRIES 3
          FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
          SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
          SMTPUSERNAME
          SMTPPASSWORD
          CATALOGURL http://www.******.co.uk/acatalog/
          CGIBINURL http://www.******.co.uk/cgi-bin/
          PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ./acatalog/
          CODEBASE ./
          FTPHOST ftp.******.co.uk
          FTPUSERNAME *username*
          FTPPASSWORD ******
          PATHTOCGIBIN html/cgi-bin/
          USEPASSIVEFTP false
          FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /*username*/html/acatalog/

Comment

I'm no expert but I run a test II6 server and my settings are nothing like that.

PATHTOCGIBIN = ../acatalog/
            PATHFROMCGITOACATLOG = *blank*
            PATHTOPERL = C:\Perl\Bin\Perl.exe (depending on where it's installed, this is default)

The settings above are from my server and assume a default install of perl. I had to use ../ for the pathtocgibin as if it was only ./ it would create the acatlog dir in the cgi-bin dir. It looks like half the settings are still assuming you are running against a unix/apache type host.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
            X