Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Line Orders

Please, Please help me..

The Off Line Order process in Actinic is very poor. One of my Clients has a lot of business with Auction Sites, where selling price is variable. If this type of order is placed in Actinic (to keep all orders in one place and for making VAT returns easy), the RRP cannot be adjusted. The only way to change the price in Actinic, is to place an offset line, so if the customer has paid more than the normal selling price, on the invoice they would see a line saying 'Sucker for buying at auction' + £xx.xx.

Also if inputting a offline order you only see 3 address lines for a new customer, where on the customer account tab and on the website you see 4. In my mind, this is a bug that really shouldn't of happened.

The prices are all excluding VAT, so when entering any selling price a calculator is needed, this for a UK VAT piece of software is very frustrating.

My client wants to go back to using a word processor to process offline orders, this seems to be a retrograde step.

I think the offline ordering system doesn't seem to have the same development resource placed on it, which in my mind lets down a very good product.

Can anyone help me or have the same views ?

We have had problems with placing offline orders using credit cards, we want to flag it as a credit card transaction but do not want to enter the card details onto the system but Actinic prompts for a card number etc. and will not allow the order to be processed.

Coupons is my other issue with offline orders, posted a recent thread about that.

It is superb that you can now do offline orders but I wish it was a bit better.

Mash
    Mash

Comment

Can't answer the original query, other than to copy the product and re-name & re-price it to the price paid (messy though, but thats what I do when I offer stuff cheap). We're still debating whether to do all offline orders in Sage as you can mess with the price.

And the above about the offline orders credit card details, we enter 0 as the card number but you still have to enter the expiry etc and it works for us.
      Miranda Stamp
      Twinkle Twinkle
      www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
      Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Thank Miranda for the credit card tip, I will pass it on. In regards to the coupon issue I have had a response to a thread I recently posted regarding this. That can be seen at Coupon Question

Thanks for your help. Mash
        Mash

Comment

Working...
        X