Actinic and Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic and Flash

I'm currently trying to develop an actinic shop in conjuction with flash.

The design of the store is all in flash i.e. selecting sections and the products,
    but what I would like to do is create a series of small html pages for each product or template, with the cart, add to cart and checkout buttons in them so that when a certain product is selected the related html page loads with the add to cart but, etc.

The html that I want to load in this section only needs the attributes mentioned above all other items like the image and description text needs to be deleted.

form this I'm hoping to open a new window for the the view cart option and payment sections which will be kept in html.

Im looking for anyone who as any advice or knowledge of whether this sort of thing could be done, any comments much appreicated.

Integrating Flash and Actinic is not straightforward and there are 2 options:

1. use flash embedded into the Actinic templates to make choices, select attributes and components etc.

2. the type of operation you are looking for which involves in effect having 2 "separate" sites albeit on the same domain. Set up the Actinic side of things using a stripped down Act_Primary and cart templates (eg no product images or descriptions) .... the flash side of the site can be set to add items to the cart - see the advanced design guide for this and ensure the bounce / return is set for the flash site. You will still need to set up the products with components etc as you will need the SID values to forward to the cart.

It is not an enviable task to say the least. The main issue will be people being able to "break" the site and get into the Actinic HTML site and not the flash interface.

Good luck

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X