Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbrushing Classes Shop

Hi guys,

I'm putting together a new store and specifically selling dates for airbrushing workshops and how to learn painting effects classes.

The classes will start end of Aug/beg of Sept (maybe October if I'm not sorted!!) and each class will consist of either 1 or 2 days (client chooses). The idea is that as each person books (maximum of 4 per class per day) the booking availability goes down by one so if a fifth person tries to book for that day/week it says something like, 'Sorry, all places for this class on this day or fully booked!'

I haven't done this b4 and have been pushing it in the background for a year and a half. I already have been doing exhibitions telling people all about the forthcoming classes and have built a good database of interested parties of around 300 students. If it takes off for me it could be the backbobne of my business so I don't want to lose potential bookings for say a following month, if that month gets booked up but not sure just how to organise products to cover enough classes/workshops?

Any advice would be really welcome. Planning now artwork/design and going to start building tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

OK, so here is what I am trying.. will it work anyone??

I have a section for each airbrushing course and in this section I have a made individual products for for say 'Mon 1st Aug. 05' and another product beneath 'Mon 8th Aug. 05' etc.

I have then gone into 'Stock' on the Product tabs and made it
    Estimated Stock In Hand: 4
    Warn IF Below: 2
    Suspend Orders If Below: 1

I am hoping that this will give an availability of 4 products (the acttual places available for that day) and suspend after 4 sales have been made. I also may receive postal bookings or telephone bookings so i need to be able to edit the available dates manually but that's straightforward.

What do you think? Will this work for me nice & easy? To see it in action please visit:http://www.organicimage.com/acatalog/test_shop1.html and let me know if this will work OK or not.

PS: If it works OK do I have to monitor stock anywhere else in the store?

Cheers

Beej

Comment

OK, I'm confused now? It looked like it was working fine but my stock monitoring is going into minus figures? I thought it would stop anyone from ordering below the amount of '4' (which is my cut-off level I thought?) but I was able to order 5 and this is no good. Does it mean that I have to somehow see the level fall below 3 and then refresh the site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated now.

Thanks

Beej

Comment

Are you uploading the site after you have downloaded your bookings. Stock control doesn't sync without an upload of the new stock figures

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          Are you uploading the site after you have downloaded your bookings. Stock control doesn't sync without an upload of the new stock figures
          Hi Jo,

I just tried that and it now it works and gives me a minus figure in stock. the problem with that is I can't sit here all day refreshing the site. If I only have 4 places to offer for one day (product) and I get 10 folks apply I'll have to notify them etc... it could be a nightmare.

I just want the item to stop after I have sold 4, is that not possible?

Cheers

Beej

Comment

Mole End have a module that downloads and uploads automatically and thus takes care of stock control.

Since there is no feature within Actinic for real time stock control, your options are to use this, or sit there all day uploading

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              Mole End have a module that downloads and uploads automatically and thus takes care of stock control.

Since there is no feature within Actinic for real time stock control, your options are to use this, or sit there all day uploading
              Thanks for that.. I'll get onto it. I don't have enough time to sit here

Cheers

Beej

Comment

PS: What on earth has happened to my avitar!? Looks like I've been pixelaxed! (Hey, that's a cool word!)

Beej

Comment

PS: What on earth has happened to my avitar!? Looks like I've been pixelaxed!
                  That is a strange side-effect of moving the Community to a different server. It looks like whatever system the bulletin board software has for moving tends to corrupt binary files.

Could you possibly re-post it?

Comment

Working...
                  X