Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious issue with associated products and stock control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious issue with associated products and stock control!

Grrrrrr... I'm livid that this still happens!
    ALL of my products have stock control enabled and it's a crucial part of my business, keeping the stock levels and max amounts orderable up to date (and thanks to Mole End, I can do this!)
    I have a product which comes in 3 sizes and several (6 I think) colours.
    Glamourmom Top
    I have the stock control set for EACH associated product and, as they are ordered, the max orderable qty is changed (by the stock control mole) to the stock level held.
    I have the stock control for the MAIN product turned off. THe max orderable qty is not set to anything because I don't want to be able to limit the TOTAL number of these tops that a customer orders (in various size/colour combos)
    Trouble is, Actinic is allowing customers to order MORE than I have in stock of any size/colour. Even though I have a stock level and max qty set to 2, it's STILL letting customers order 3.
    Surely, once you associate a product, you should associate it's stock levels and ordering limits too?
    I don't want to set a max qty of 2 in the MAIN product because then customers can't order 3,4 or 5 (like my recent one did!) and it still won't help when a stock level/max qty of 1 is set in the associated product.

This is making a mockery of the whole associated product/stock control feature, isn't it? Because, even though I have associated a product in order to control stock, it is only doing half the job!

Please Actinic, tell me this is something that can be fixed? It's something I've brought up before in the past and it received little or no attention then.

Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I have asked Development for their thoughts on this. Will keep you updated as and when i hear from them.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate it.
      It's not the first time it's happened so it is consistent (and a problem!)
      Cheers
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

Oh Tracey you are to be admired, once you get you teeth into an issue look out! Go get em girl! As for the Glamourmom Top I'm just wondering what thoughts Bruce will get back from development about this .... uhmm better say no more least I incriminate myself!

Delboy

PS Sorry, couldn't resist the comment!

Comment

Hi Tracey,

You will need to send me a snapshot of the site so that Development can take a look at it and determine what is causing the issue. You can upload a snapshot to your server and then mail me a link offline so that I can download and pass on to development.

As for the Glamourmom Top I'm just wondering what thoughts Bruce will get back from development about this ... No comments as yet ;-)

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I will not need the snapshot. Have been able to replicate locally. Development are looking at it now. Will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

This has been posted as a Bug. I do not as yet have information as to when to expect a fix, but will keep you posted.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce.. it's a pretty serious bug from a stock control POV (and, I suspect, one which is going to affect me over and over again)
                I'm sure it must affect other folk too but, I wonder, maybe they don't notice if their stock levels are not in ones and twos like mine?
                I look forwards to a fix
                Tracey
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X