Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can u run V7 catalog and v7 business at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can u run V7 catalog and v7 business at the same time?

I know you can't have 2 sites, in the same version in catalog, open at the same time and you need to switch between sites to maintain/download etc.

Can u use business 7 and catalog 7 at the same time or will I have the same problem?
    I really need to be able to offer a 10% discount code on Jesters Trick Bits for owners club members and Catalog doesn't offer this facility does it?
    It's such a basic thing nowadays, BOGOF and coupons, I can't believe (well, actually, I can ) we have to fork out for Business to get it!
    It's no good me forking out for Business 7, however, if I'm not going to be able to use it side-by-side with my other site running Catalog 7

Can I do it?
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Yes, You can run catalog and business separately within actinic (and switching between sites). I've been doing it with V6 for ages now I'm sure V7 is the same.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Does that mean that I have to switch between sites though? I need to have both of them open at the same time, rather than having to switch, IYSWIM?
      I need to be able to work on both simultaneously, without the need to switch
      Sorry, I didn't quite understand the answer..LOL.. one of *those* days today!
      Cheers
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

As far as I know, and certainly with V6, you can only have one instance of actinic open at the same time. So no, you can't both a catalog version and Business version open at the same time.

The only ways I can think of doing this are:

1. Buying a second PC.
        2. Try running separate instances of windows XP. Either with different user accounts or some 3rd part software.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

ahh... that's what I wondered.
          I have one store running V6 and one running V7 at the minute, for that reason. So I can work on both together.
          Just wasn't sure whether Business was a separate software installation or not.
          Hmmmm...this lack of coupons facility in Catalog is going to cause us a very big problem, I think.
          Actinic, is there any plan to introduce a coupon/code facility in Catalog in the future?
          We really need to be able to offer club members a discount and this just isn't doable right now.
          Cheers
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

Actinic, is there any plan to introduce a coupon/code facility in Catalog in the future?
            We really need to be able to offer club members a discount and this just isn't doable right now.
            Currently we have no options to downgrade it to the Catalog Software, as it is a part of the discounting features for Business version 7.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
              Hi Tracey

Currently we have no options to downgrade it to the Catalog Software, as it is a part of the discounting features for Business version 7.

Kind Regards
              ooh..now that worries me even more.
              Is this (coupons, offers etc) a feature that was only introduced in Business V7?
              I can't run a business 7 and catalog 7 site alongside each other (for maintenance reasons) efficiently and if there is no coupon facility in Business V6, then I'm....welll...screwed!
              The second site is currently being done in Cat6 (Budget Bumps already uses V7) and it was becoming apparent that I need some way of offering club members (who have a duscount code) their 10% off (for credit card payments, I *could* collect card details (SSL or java) and apply discount before charging but that won't hlep Paypal/Nochex customers) and Business seemed the way to go.

So, if it's not available in Business V6, then I'm not sure what to do?
              Has anyone got any recommendations?

My only other alternative is to wait for V8 (any ballpark estimate to its release month?) for Budget Bumps (catalog, with cover so free upgrade) and then upgrade my catalog V6 for Jesters to Business V7?

Ugh.... I thought Actinic would be a great redesign for our Jesters site but actually our $6 a month hosted store offers more functionality right now

Any advice gratefully received.
              Thanks (and sorry for the moan!)
              Tracey
              Tracey

Comment

Tracey

I am having really trouble understanding where you are at with Actinic right now.

From what you said, you have two sites: a main site using Catalog v7 and a Jesters site using Catalog v6 - and you want to have a coupon on the Jesters site that will offer customers 10% discount on the whole order if they use a credit card.

Is that right?

Using Catalog v7, it is possible to put a 10% discount on the whole order if they use credit cards, but it is not possible to limit this via a coupon. You need Actinic Business for this. And Actinic Business v6 doesn't have this feature - it is only Actinic Business v7.

The only thing you can do is to buy an upgrade to Actinic Business v7 for the Jesters site. If you don't want to use a second PC for running Actinic Business, then youu will need to switch sites on one installation of Actinic to manage the two businesses side by side.

Comment

That's correct Chris.
                  The problem with that is that I maintain both site simultaneously and switching between them (if I have Bus 7 and Cat 7) is not an option for me. I need them open, in separate windows, at all times.
                  The only thing I can do is wait for V8 for my current Catalog V7 store and upgrade that. Then I can move my Cat V6 store onto Bus V7!
                  I need to be able to offer the 10% discount on ALL payment methods but ONLY to motorcycle owners club members. I obviously need Business V7 for this (or I need to admit I've wasted my time spending hours on my Actinic redesign and keep it on my $7 a month hosted store!!)
                  Basically, it's a no-go, it seems..... what a waste of several weeks..
                  Tracey

Comment

How to install

I have Catalog V7 running quite happily on my laptop.

I have just purchased Business V7 for a client who wants to use the digital download option. When I put the CD in it is only giving me the option of a V7 upgrade. Is this really what I want? I need to be able to maintain two sites, one under Catalog for one client and one under Business for another client.

Should I go ahead with the installation as prompted?

Comment

in a word...yes
                      I did this.
                      Was running Cat V7 for some time and have now added a Bus7 site.
                      I installed Business 7 (upgrading the cat v7 is the same) and, when I switch from one site to the other, it automatically switches between business 7 and catalog 7.
                      HTH
                      Tracey
                      Tracey

Comment

Working...
                      X