Retiring Netquotevars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retiring Netquotevars

I'd appreciate some opinions on this one.

I have a bunch of Netquotevars which are commented in various templates.
    Just wondering the best location for them. Bearing in mind that I've re-designed the layout of certain templates, they can't stay in their original location!

At the moment, I have them in between </table> and </body></html>

Does it matter or make a difference?

Also, does anyone have any info on Netquotevar: Onload. Which templates are used etc., There is no mention of this Netquotevar in the dictionary.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Hi Myles,

As long as the NETQUOTEVAR's are commented out, it does not make any difference to where they are located on a page.

NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD makes the bounce from Actinic to the PSP work.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

Regarding the Netquotevar: Onload, I'm not using any PSPs so presumably am save to comment this? Everything seems to work fine without it.

Am I right in thinking that if I allow Paypal as an option I will have to reinstate it?

Thanks,

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles,

You will have to reinstate once you have PayPal.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Myles,

NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD also has a few other functions...

It inserts the OnLoad Java script event of the BODY tag. It also creates the PSP bounce. The PSP bounce is done by sending a form to the given PSP which is generated by a script and sent by the onload event. It is also used for normal delayed bounce pages. The OnLoad function will contain the send_form code.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I've reinstated the Netquotevar: onload and had a look at the generated code online.

OnLoad="PreloadImages('home2.gif','back2.gif','sitemap2.gif','info2.gif','search2.gif','cart2.gif','order2.gif','mail2.gif')"
            It seems to refer to just a bunch of gifs. Are we talking about the same Netquotevar ? Everything seems to function fine without it. So am somewhat puzzled.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

The code you are talking about here is the preload of the alternate images on your navigation bar. These are preloaded so when a user clicks the nav image it changes immediately. The downside of not using the onload is that each image would reload from the server each time a user clicks. User delay and additional data transfer/bandwidth usage.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Myles,

We are talking about the same Netquotevar. The other functions I mentioned are called at diffferent points on the site, when there is a PSP involved, etc. The image files are brought in by the javascript function. Thought I would post the other functional areas of the Netquotevar incase someone comes by and wants to know.

You can comment out the function if you are not using a PSP and can reinstate at a later date.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X