Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to access a customers cart contents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to access a customers cart contents?

I do not use customer accounts. I have a customer with a large cart, and she's getting a timeout just trying to display the cart. She doesn't want to lose it (and I don't want her to lose it either!). Can she send me her Actinic cookie, and if so, can I see her cart contents? I think she said she had about 400 line items in her cart. This is not the norm for my store, but it does happen now and then.
    -------

Pat

The cart contents are saved in a session file on the server (not the cookie).

If you look through your session files you should find it. You can ftp a copy onto your pc and save it their. Be quick though as they do expire.

Mike

PS. I can't remember what they're called but I'm sure a search of the forum will find the relevant info.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

If you look on the site using an FTP program as Mike says in the acatalog directory you will see a lot of files some thing like 12z322z3232z21321123121.session

The "z's" are actually decimal points and tell you the users IP address. You will need to change the file use permission to owner = read and then you can download or view online to what the contents are, last page visited and other such useful stuff. Best to make sure you are not viewing a current file as it may cause problems is someone is actively using it - best to check the previous days

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I can't access the acatalog directory. No matter what I do, my FTP program times out. (I have 5000 products, and each product has a thumbnail image and an enlarged image. That directory is huge.)
        -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

What client are you using? Does it have a filter mask? If it does you should be able to type in .session into the mask to only display the session files.

Dave
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I use LeechFTP a freebie download - it is not the prettiest of interfaces around but it does handle very well - I have a similarly large actalog folder and it handles that fine

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X