Unique - Use Once Only Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique - Use Once Only Coupons

My customer has upgraded to Actinic 7 Business from v6 mainly because of the coupon functionality. However, it appears that it is has not been implemented as you would expect.

As far as I can see there is no way to create unique coupon codes that can be used once and then become invalid. This is then open to abuse and coupon codes could be passed around and posted on the net for everyone else to use. It would make more sense to include the functionality/option that invalidates a coupon code once it has been used to prevent repeated discount on orders for which the discount should not be allowed.

Is someone able to correct me on this and tell me it is not the case ?

Thanks, Simon

You can restrict the coupon to customer groups but that assumes the customer has an account.

Coupons are not exactly designed to be a one off unique code - they are often available to anyone if they have say bought a specific product (eg coupons off boxes of PG-Tips) as such they are generally thought of as sales generators so passing the coupon code around the internet will still lead in increased sales for the website.

I think you require something more akin to a gift voucher which is issued to just one person and can be redeemed just the once. Alas Actinic is not able to cope with this at the moment but if you do a serach for gift certificates there are several work arounds discussed - from memory I think that included a digital download amongst others

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X