Importing custom properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing custom properties

I have read through the listings and they all say you must use a Hierarchical import but this is not practical as I my import be taken from a 1000 item product CSV file from a supplier and to convert this database in an actinic Hierarchical format would be a nightmare.

Is there anyway to configure actinic so that you can import custom properties through a flatfile?

Or is this another case of the inflexibility of actinic

The heading of this thread says it all: "Importing custom properties"

It is because the properties are custom that you need a method such as Hierarchical import. Actinic gives you the option of flat or hierarchical import which in my mind is flexibility, not the opposite.

What you need is some sort of data formatting routine to map the relevant csv fields to Actinics hierarchical structure. You might be able to do it using a few Excel macros but it will be time consuming.

Delboy

Comment

Hierarchical Import From Excel

Hi all,

I've worked out a reasonably effective way of creating a hierarchical file from a flat Excel file, just by writing a few formulae and then a small amount of fiddling about.

I've used it recently to import 1300 products with 5 price schedules, and once you know the technique you can tailor it to your needs (I reckon you could use it for pretty much any of the actinic data if you think about the formulae a bit).

I've described it in general terms at www.outofthehat.co.uk/hier.html , with an example spreadsheet and text file, if anyone's interested...

Good luck!

Neil
      Neil Rabbitts
      Out of the Hat Ltd

www.outofthehat.co.uk - personalised gifts and more

Comment

It is actually much easier to import custom properties into V9, you just add their name onto the end of the product line in the hierarchical import file and add the custom vars in the same order. They need to be created in the catalog prior to import though.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X