Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Spidering

Hi,

I'm very new to actinic and am having some problems getting my first site indexed in google. My site is http://www.cookmatesouthwest.co.uk.

My only navigation into the shop is on the left hand site and is using the YahooSections(ar) function to build it. The only page that is currently being indexed on google is the homepage. Why would this be and how can I get around the problem?

Cheers

Chris

You could try this as a suggestion...

1. Sign up for a 'Google Account'... Sign Up here...

2. Go to this page which will create an xml sitemap which you can download as a text file and save on your PC... XML Sitemap Generator (this finds 44 pages by spidering your site - is that about right?)

3. Upload/ftp your xml sitemap to your web server.

4. Go back to your Google Account and submit a link to your xml sitemap.

This should get google indexing your site at least... how high those listings come though, well that's another story!

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

You have a link to your sitemap on the front page so that should help the spider find your pages.

I'd say your main problem is that you probably need more links to your site. Get some links pointing to you from DMOZ, Yahoo, etc and then google will spider you. If you don't have any links Google thinks you aren't worth bothering with.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Chris,

If you haven't seen it already, you may find this useful:

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/webmasters/

Ryan

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, I have already set up a Google site map and submitted it.

Should there be a link on the website to the google sitemap?

I will work on incoming links and then I guess I just have to sit back and wait!

Thanks again

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X