How update ALL pages of my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How update ALL pages of my site?

I'd like to update ALL pages of my website, adding a bit of javascript code to the <head> tag everywhere.

The purpose is to insert a tracking script that talks to another server.

Specifically, it's this: http://help.urchin.com/index.cgi?&id=1640

Generally, what is the process for easily updating every single page of my site in this manner (my site has thousands of products so lots of pages).

Add your code (without the leading "/" to the file name) as below

<script src="__utm.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

to every Primary template mentioned in Design / Options / Layouts / Primary Templates. Also (if you're using Brochure) Act_BrochurePrimary.html - via Design / Options / Brochure / Overall Layout. Put it just above the </HEAD> tag.

Put the "__utm.js" file into Site1 and Actinic will find it and upload it for you.

I'd take a backup and also copy all of Site1 somewhere first - just in case...
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

urchin script

Thanks for the help Norman , but when i follow your instructions i get an upload error about the src= link( sorry its a bit vague its not in front of me now) any tips?
      thanks guy

Comment

re-urchin

ok its sorted now . hopefully this will help anyone else installing urchin.

norman states(without the leading "/" to the file name)

i didnt quite get it , but when you paste that code into actinic , literally leave out the /
        ive now got a month of free stats from urchin/google .

Comment

I also have trouble adding Urchin tags

I tried adding a Google urchin tag to the Act_BrochurePrimary.html page, but it still fails to appear in the source of several pages across my site (http://www.easyWatch.com) such as:

- products
          - contact us
          - confirmation after purchase

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Gavin

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          Add your code (without the leading "/" to the file name) as below

<script src="__utm.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

to every Primary template mentioned in Design / Options / Layouts / Primary Templates. Also (if you're using Brochure) Act_BrochurePrimary.html - via Design / Options / Brochure / Overall Layout. Put it just above the </HEAD> tag.

Put the "__utm.js" file into Site1 and Actinic will find it and upload it for you.

I'd take a backup and also copy all of Site1 somewhere first - just in case...

Comment

You will need to add into the Act_Primary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html also

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Did you follow "every Primary template mentioned in Design / Options / Layouts / Primary Templates"? Also have you used a Customised Primary Template for any pages? Check the Layout tab on each. These will need patched too.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks all

yes - that worked, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X