v3 ISP transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v3 ISP transfer

Have been using v3 OK for some time, but have moved ISP, hence have had to re-upload the shop. It's a pretty standard Actinic installation, haven't messed with templates or appearances etc. The network settings are correct because a) it starts loading OK and b) when u do the TEST function it sends the confirmation e-mail back.

But....it seems to loads into the cgi-bin no problem but as soon as it starts loading into acatalog folder, it gets a few images and html files in and then...up comes the error message suggesting out of date PERL, incorrect permissions, garbled script etc etc.

All have tripled checked (yes, I know everyone says that, but I really mean it!) to be OK. Have tried with and without firewall and AV activated, it makes no difference.

The new ISP I learn is using Linux OS.

And that's the only thing I can think of. Does v3.0 work in Linux?

The server is i686, perl is 5.8.3 and Apache is 1.3.33 (Unix)

Hoping for some perls of wisdom (ha ha) before I pull out what's left of my hair.

Hi There,

v3 of Actinic definately does work on Linux. Can you check if you have NIS enabled. If you do, then this thread will make interesting reading. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14623

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X