path to cgi bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

path to cgi bin

I cant log in to my website, I have followed instructions in the Actinic V5 manual but am receiving message that path to cgi-bin not found I did recently remove all reference to credit card transactions from my website, but have been back to the site since.In the last week I have tried to modify some pages using MS FrontPage and wonder if this screwed anything up my website is www.agbcomponents.co.uk please help as my host "Clara.net" dont seem to offer much other than re load the complete website, but that didn't work.
    Thanks, Alan Birkinhead

From what we can see now, your site domain name shows a Clara holding page and no /acatalog folder in use.

As to how it all went wrong, we will probably never know if they have deleted your site from the server and re-established it, as this would have deleted your copies of the logs, so only the main server logs will hold this information now.

FrontPage is renowned for mucking a site up, especially if you have pages controlled from a non-FP-compliant application that you then play with - with FP or more so vice-versa.

Sorry can not be more help....

Comment

Frontpage and Actinic don't go together too well.

Did you upload pages to your website with frontpage, if so it might have changed the permissions on your directories - but even so I wouldn't expect it to say that. It did this to my website and seemed to be unfixable (I eventually moved to a new host after 3 weeks of no web site)

If you didn't upload using frontpage I can't see how it would have affected your website.

It might be worth posting your network settings for the experts to take a look at (not your passwords though).

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

path to cgi-bin

Thanks for your prompt reply, heres my network settings
        Catalog URL http://www.agbcomponents.co.uk/acatalog/
        CGI-BIN URL http://www.agbcomponents.co.uk/cgi-bin/
        Codebase ./
        Path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory ../acatalog/
        FTP details
        Server host www.agbcomponents.co.uk
        user name agbcomponents.co.uk
        path to cgi-bin /public/www/cgi-bin
        I was not told or aware FrontPage would mess things up as a market leading product I find this hard to believe, but more important is resolving the situation as I am self employed and my earnings will be affected if I cant get my website sorted out quickly
        Regards, Alan

Comment

You path to cgi-bin looks a little odd. Try setting is to ./acatalog.

What happens when you choose 'Test' in advanced network settings?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Your settings arent far off

Also modify the path to cgi-bin if it still doesnt work: same settings as you gave (they are the same as mine) but the path to cgi-bin might be just:

www/cgi-bin

This works for me.

Thanks.

Comment

To Jan/ and Dibbler88, ta for your replies but no luck messages come back cant run cgi scripts - not installed on remote server I think the problem is at the other end as I even tried using my backup copy of Actinic Catalog v5 which worked fine before, the experts just say MS FrontPage and Actinic dont work together very well, but cant offer a solution
              Regards Alan

Comment

Im not at my Actinic Pc at the moment but could your internet provider have disabled the running of cgi-scripts, on my host I can specify the read only or execute settings for each folder, it may be set to read only.

Otherwise maybe the location of the perl module has been moved on your host?

Comment

Working...
                X