How do I reward customers in Catalog???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I reward customers in Catalog???

I would like to offer visitors from a specific magazine a 10% discount on all orders. I know I can do this easily in Business or Developer, but I only have catalog. Also would like to do it at point of sale rather than when I process orders.
    Any bright ideas??

Thanks in advance, Billly

as you say, this is a feature of business, therefore to do this at point of sale you will need this upgrade, or you could look into using a coupon.

Comment

Jo, are coupons available in catalog version?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        Jo, are coupons available in catalog version?
        Not sure they are, now that you mention it

Comment

Just looked at the product guide on the Actinic site and it doesn't list them so I guess not.

As for the original thread there is not going to be an easy way as Jo suggests. To get it to work in the cart with catalog you would have to create a new section called say "magazine offer" and copy in your products with the new discounted price - you could automate this using excel - it is not neat and obvoiusly anyone entering the site could gain access to the discounted section.

It may be better to create a new section and create a limited amount of offers and make it look like they are pertinent to the magazine and reduce the price accordingly for a limited period - more of a sales push than a specific readers offer.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I need to do this too and I can't. (offer 10% off to motocycle owners clubs with code)
            Trouble is, I can't just upgrade to Business V7 either (currently being done in Cat 6) as I already have a catalog V7 site and switching between 2 V7 sites is not going to work for us from a maintenance and downloading order point of view.
            To answer the Q, you will need Business V7.
            Me? I'm going to have to wait for V8 to come out for my Catalog V7 and then upgrade my Catalog V6 site to Business V7.....
            Maybe... or I might have given up by then!
            Tracey

Comment

Hi there

Just to confirm this, coupon code are a business feature, so I'm afraid they will not be available in Catalog. The coupon code feature is a way to activate the advance discounting feature in Actinic.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X